Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 4 Famous Last Words


I have realized that my best writing comes from a sudden spark; one idea that just pops into my head and takes on a mind of its own. I’m not really quite sure how to think about it but it just flows out of me. For some reason whenever I think too much about what I want to write about, the story is never any good really. As far as writing style is concerned, third-person omniscient is definitely where my strength lies. Personally I just enjoy this writing style because it makes the reader feel as though he or she was there at the event, whether the story is fiction or non-fiction. It allows the reader to feel as though they were invited to participate and therefore feel included on what is occurring.

As the semester continues and we write more and more, I am realizing that my writing will improve as well as my ideas for stories. The main objective is to make sure and not think too hard on what I want to convey. Over thinking blocks the mind, keeping the creativity and ideas from naturally flowing. One thing I have noticed about is that I tend to think backwards, and I have absolutely no idea why. It’s as if I already have an idea for a story, then I think of a style, then I do my assignment. I always knew I did things a little differently, but backwards is hilarious. So I am going to try and start at the beginning, instead of going backwards as my mind wants.

Reading classmates blog’s is probably one of the most helpful things we do in this class. There are so many new ideas that are discovered every time I read someone else’s storytelling, or essay, or last words. Everyone has such great ideas and concepts, which pushes me to do better and be more creative. One thing I really liked was that someone use *** to separate their story so that it perpetuated it forward without adding in more and making the story too long.  

For this up coming week I have chosen to do my readings over Indian Fairy Tales, since the readings I chose this past week were from the Middle East section. There are some very interesting stories in this grouping, yet they are very enjoyable. One thing I have noticed is that the style used for the characters dialogue is quite different from the style used in the actually writing. However, thus far I am enjoying the tales and how direct they are. It should definitely be an adventure.

Beautiful Nature in Afganistan (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment