Thursday, October 16, 2014

Week 9 Famous Last Words


So this week is homecoming week, which means a lot of crazy stuff has been going on. However, since I am a senior this year and have done my just dues of homecoming I have not been participating at all. Here is how involved I was, my freshman year I pomped multiple twelve hour days, my sophomore year I was assistant to the art director, and last year I was director of the South Oval board where I actually got second place! Needless to say I am a little burnt out on this whole homecoming thing.

This past week has been full of exams and studying. I went to the new study place in the library and let me tell you, totally not worth it at all! I have never been somewhere that was so incredibly unorganized. It made me want to pull my hair out! Frankly, I am shocked that there are so few study rooms available for students on campus. Sure, they added more than there originally were, but nice the construction that area has gotten far louder because of constant tour groups! It feels like there is no safe haven for study groups to study in a classroom setting on this campus! I know that I am ranting, but I am just so irritated by the whole thing. Honestly they could have left the long tables and taken the books out and just put a huge wall of study rooms where the books/journals had been. I guess I just want there to be more places for groups to study. I could always go to classrooms but often times they are in use or the building is locked. My favorite place to study and do homework is in those giant lecture halls in Nielson. I am not positive as to why this is my favorite spot, but it is. 

My Worst Enemy, aka: Bizzel Library (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment