Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Reading Diary Week 11: Nursery Rhymes

Nursery Rhymes 


While reading storybooks for last week my wheels began turning. I decided that It would be a fun idea to interweave stories in a similar style to what they used. While I did read the majority of the stories from the reading my mind kept coming back to the story of Jack and Jill because when I think of nursery rhymes that is the first one that pops into my head.

The nursery rhyme of Jack and Jill always felt strange to me. I could not understand why the two of them would go up to a hill just to fall off of it. I thought about the situation for a while and all I could think was that there had to be some dire circumstance that made them go to the top of the hill and then something else happened to where they fell off of it. Maybe writing it from their mothers perspective or a friend or one of them would be a good idea for a storytelling?

I really enjoyed reading the section with the Jingles, especially the ones that were more familiar like the Cow Jumping Over The Moon. It was fun because even the ones I had never heard before had a really good flow to them. It was enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment