Thursday, November 6, 2014

About the Writing Week 15


My favorite part of the writing was the storytelling. It really allowed me to get creative with ideas and styles. I chose the Portfolio because I liked the variety. That was one of my favorite parts of the class was that we never stuck on one topic but we covered many different topics. While I think it would have been fun to do a Storybook, I definitely liked the idea of covering different styles and topics with the Portfolio. I was never limited to following just one train of thought. Also, I liked the repetitiveness of constantly editing my writing.

I really loved the positive comments on my blog posts from people. It definitely made me more confident about my writing and opened the door for me to be more creative and try new ideas. However, I do wish that people corrected me from time to time. During my revisions I would see some of the stupid mistakes I made and got a little embarrassed. I just wished that someone had said, “hey this part is kind of confusing,” it definitely would have been more helpful when editing my storytelling’s.

I definitely think this class improved part of my writing. It gave me more confident in my creative writing skills and got the juices flowing. It also continuously reinforced the importance of editing and reading your work out loud to catch those silly mistakes. I don’t see myself doing much writing in my future, except in my final semester of college but the writing is much different for Capstone than in this class.

My advice would be to get a head of your work, do your readings early, keep up with what you’ve turned in, be creative, and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment