Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Reading Diary Week 12: More English Fairy Tales

More English Fairy Tales

I have noticed that my stories have become a little bit long, so I am thinking about making my stories a little bit shorter this week. I feel as though this would be a challenge because then I would have to make longer stories into shorter stories. I guess I could leave out some of the unnecessary details.

One of my ideas was a role reversal. Like have you ever thought about what it would be like if we were actually our dog's pets instead of the other way around? Something crazy like that maybe?

While reading the Pied Piper I came up with a great idea: love letters! What if the entire reason for the Pied Piper coming to town was to get enough money for his beloved. Struggling artists always have a muse and back then there was not much money in music. This could be a way for him to make money and still be a musician, thus keeping his girlfriend happy. Writing love letters would also allow me to find a creative way to keep the story short. But writing a love letter might be a little bit awkward.

The majority of these stories did not seem to be just for children, but seemed to cater more towards parents. The stories were more cautionary tales to parents on how to keep their children safe.

I enjoyed the story Children in the Wood. It was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment